3D environment artist & level builder // 5 Month Internship
Modelisation (props and environment), texturing, integration, level building, base lighting
I worked on the incoming Styx : Shards of Darkness, made with the Unreal Engine 4, for 5 months. As I signed an NDA for this internship, so for now I'm juste able to discribe my different missions.
Game ready props & architectural elements
- Props creation following concept arts : modeling, texturing and integration.
- Creation of architectural elements following level designs gabarits.
- Followed precised production pipeline, including PBR texturing software, Substance Painter.
Modelisation & texturing
- Modelisation with 3ds Max, Sculpting with ZBrush
- Texturing with Substance Painter
- Creation of architecture elements fitting gabarits and tilable textures
- Integration of each assets in the Unreal Engine 4
Level building & base lighting
- Level building on various levels, working closely with level designers
- Base lighting to show a first idea of the ambiance
- Familiarization with lighting system of the Unreal Engine 4 (types of lights, lightmass, optimization)